West Central PA Odyssey of the Mind
Coach Training 9:15am - 2:00pm
Coach’s Clinic, Registration starts at 9:00. All coaches are urged to attend. Information will be presented through a series of mini workshops. Subjects will include "getting started" and team building, solving the long term problem, style, spontaneous, balsa wood structures and using the web site. New coaches will gain valuable insight into various aspects of the Odyssey program. Veteran coaches will share coaching tips and learn new tricks.
For more information contact Bill Nimick
by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) or
by phone ( Home:412-795-0759 Cell: 412-527-7324).
Food will be offered at lunchtime.
ACT 48 hours available for teachers
Coaches must attend Coach Training and bring a Team that competes in the West Central Regional tournament
Deadline - for West Central Region/State Registration, West Central Regional Tournament Registration. Memberships on both the National and Regional levels are required to participate in Tournaments. The WC PA Tournament registration is considered final after this date.
WCPA Region Judge’s training
8:30 AM - Registration
9:00 AM SHARP until about 11:30 - Training
ACT 48 hours available for teachers
Judges must attend Judge Training and work the assigned role at our West Central Regional Tournament
West Central Region Tournament
Coach check-in will be in the lobby of the building where the team's long-term presentation is scheduled. Teams should check in at least 1 hour prior to their first competition or by 1:00 PM.
Tournament begins at 12:30PM Awards at around 3:00PM
Judges must report where and when assigned by their Problem Captain.
If CANCELLATION is warranted for any reason, announcements will be made on the web page and by email to coaches, judges and volunteers, on the morning of the Tournament.
- Coaches register their own teams at the tournaments. Do not pick up other
- Turn off your pagers and cell phones. Better yet, leave them at home or
locked in your vehicle.
- Do not attempt to enter any competition site after the Door Monitor has
shut the door.
- Bring four copies of all forms (the Outside Assistance form, Cost form, Style form,
and any other form required by your problem.) Be sure and keep an additional
copy for your use at the next level of competition.
- Bring two copies of any Problem Clarifications you have received. Coaches
and all team members report to the Staging Area Judge 15 minutes prior to
your scheduled starting time.
- After completing your long term problem and discussing the solution with
the judges, clean up the site and remove all your costumes and props so that
the next team can start on time in a clean site. Your coaches or other non-team
members may help with this.
- Wait quietly in the designated area for your Spontaneous competition. Be
respectful of others who are competing.
- Show respect and good sportsmanship to all other competitors, coaches, judges,
media, audience members, and tournament officials.
- Show respect for the competition site, and help us keep it clean.
- In the event of a medical emergency, contact a tournament official immediately.
- Be very aware that no one related to your team commits Outside Assistance.
- Enjoy yourself and have fun!
Directions; PSU Altoona, 3000 Ivyside Park, Altoona, PA 16601
Directions; Pocono East High School, Pocono Mountain School Road Swiftwater, PA 18370
From Central PA:
Go to Rt 80
Merge onto I-80 E go about 100-150 miles depending on where you enter I80.
Take the 380 N.
Take exit 3 for PA-940 toward Pocono Pines/Mt Pocono .
Turn left onto PA-314 E
Turn left onto PA-611 N
Turn right onto S R 45100/Woodland Rd
Turn right onto Pocono Mountain School Rd